Saturday, October 4, 2008

Blog revival, what's on deck, etc...

Wow, its been quite a while since my last post. Of course, I have a good excuse (I always do). I got married a month ago. Since returning to work after the honeymoon, things have been kind of crazy, so I haven't had time to write much. I guess I'll actually have to do some writing from home. Weird. 

So, as you probably recall, I was in the middle of a series of posts about the Twins newly acquired players. Now the Twins season is over, football season is in full swing, and the hockey and basketball seasons are right around the corner. How did that happen? Baseball season went really quickly this year.

Anyway, thought I'd lay out what's to come. Its more for me than anything else. Helps me remember the things I want to post about and hopefully gives me motivation to do so. So, here's what's to come:
  • I do plan to finish the "Twins' New Guys" series, even though the season is over. Not sure if I'll get to the guys called up from the minors (Span, Casilla, etc). Definitely won't do the September call-ups.
  • I mentioned in the past that I want to do a post about the state of sports broadcasting, journalism, etc. I was going to use Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven as the center of my comments, but with baseball season nearly over, I'm not sure. I'll probably still do this, there's plenty of great examples of what I'll talk about out there (e.g. Paul McGuire).
  •  Various football-related posts. Mostly, they will be Vikings-centric. Maybe something about the benching of T-Jax and my thoughts on Brad Childress.
  • I hope to have at least one post about the presidential election. It probably won't happen, since I have only a month before its over. Maybe this will be my priority.
  • I might (I said I might) something regarding the wedding and honeymoon.
  • I have a lot of ideas for posts that relate to Adam. He's getting to be such a big boy and is just so much fun right now. I need to post more about that stuff.
  • Something about the last year of Purdue football under Joe Tiller, with a look to the future under the next coach.
  • Something about the coming Purdue basketball season. Expectations, etc.
  • Probably a work-related post. There haven't been too many Big Tuna incidents lately, but we'll see what happens.
I guess that's enough for now. I couldn't even finish writing 7 posts about Twins players during the 162 game season, so what are the chances I write about much of the list above in the near future. I'm going to try. We'll see how things go.