Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I have more than one reader?

It has been brought to my attention that people other than my fiance read this blog on occasion. That's weird. It has also been brought to my attention that not all of said readers are familiar with much of the baseball statistic lingo I use. Therefore, in an effort to appease the audience, I have added a legend on the right side, which contains a list of the baseball statistics that I commonly use and a brief definition for each entry. I will try to keep that up-to-date as I reference other stats. Leave me a comment if I use something that I don't add to the legend that you would like clarified.

I have also decided to add a disclaimer on the right side as well. Basically, I don't want people to get the idea that I'm try to "prove" my claims using stats. If I were attempting that, I would be blasted by people who are a lot more knowledgable about statistics than I am, as my use of statistics wouldn't really not be adequate. Essentially, I am "cherry-picking" stats that support my claims, but really, most of what I write is based solely on observation and my opinion. I just felt like I needed that to be there.

Finally, in a further effort to please my audience, feel free to put comments in the comments section of any post with suggestions or requests for post topics. I will do my best to oblige such requests. I aim to please! You are all a valued part of this blog and I appreciate your patronage!

2 comments:

MandaK said...

I think you also need to have a statistic that rates them on attractiveness. I would be happy to provide said statistic.

Unknown said...

That's right! You have more than one reader! And now I can pretend like I know about Twins players and their stats....stuff.... Write more about the big tuna! You are a hilarious writer!!