Monday, March 23, 2009

Mooshka's Musings 3/23/2009

This is the inaugural edition of "Mooshka's Musings". These entries will contain little musings and random thoughts. Let me know what you think.

  • Why is an NFL ("expert") writer producing uneducated, ridiculous drivel like this about college basketball? All I can say is suck it, Clark Judge. Suck it hard.
  • Oh, and if the original article wasn't bad enough, then Mr. Judge puts out this wonderfully written piece. So, let me get this straight, Purdue won because of two plays. Otherwise, Washington was dominant? Huh, seems like it would be pretty hard to be dominant when you're behind every second of the game. That sound you hear is Clark Judge climbing even higher on my shit list.
  • Last offseason it was the Brett Favre drama-fest. This offseason, its Jay Cutler's drama in Denver. What's the common thread? The idiot on the left. That's Bus Cook, the agent for both of the aforementioned QBs. I think someone likes attention.
  • Am I the only one who's job is a clinical study in the 80/20 rule? Although I would slightly reword the rule to be "20% of the people do 80% of the work".
  • At my job, knowing what we're doing isn't a prerequisite to doing it. I've worked hard to change that for almost 4 years. I think its getting worse.
  • I can't wait for baseball season to start. The World Baseball Classic doesn't count.
  • Tomorrow, I'm going to be 27 years old. How's that different from being 26?
  • I'm at the point where birthdays are just another day. I still have to go to work, be a dad, etc. Its always nice to have people get you nice stuff though.
  • What is it that drives some people to need to always get people "unique" or "special" gifts, instead of something that the person actually wants (and I'm talking about people other than your mom and spouse)? In some ways it seems like a selfish trait. I don't know though.
  • I highly recommend this book. Its an exploration of the doctor/patient relationship and how we can help them diagnose us and avoid errors when doing so. However, a word of warning. While the book makes you think about what you can do to work together with your doctor to diagnose illnesses, it also makes you think about all the illnesses you could be diagnosed with.
  • My first post on this blog was, at least partially, about constantly fighting with Adam. Once again, after a stretch with very limited issues, we've gone back to a constant battle the last few days. Its incredibly draining.
That's enough for now. Feel free to comment, discuss, etc. I'd love your feedback (honey).

1 comment:

MandaK said...

It's about damn time.

I'm glad I went with the gifts I went with this year. At least I didn't get you theatre tickets or a zoo membership.

At least your son isn't holding his hand over your mouth right now telling you to talk and shut up simultaneously and I wish your stories would break one of these days. You're lucky he loves you so much.

How different was 26 from 25?

Oh, and I love you.